Thursday, January 7, 2010

Three Little Birds

Today was the best day I've had of the season on the snow. I'm actually starting to get really good, finally. I just love being outside, I love how cold it is, I just love the feeling of skiing. It's funny, because it is so much like life-- no matter what, you have to keep your shoulders parallel to the slope. You can't fight the mountain, you just have to go with it. Ironically, going faster makes it easier. It's like surfing, but with your feet attached to the board. It's like flying.

God, it's good.

A ski instructor from A-Basin died up in Keystone or Telluride yesterday though. Was up by himself, went head first into a tree-well and his ski bindings didn't disengage. Rest in peace. I love riding alone, but this kind of stuff almost makes me reconsider.


I guess I should post some pictures from the past week...


This is the view off of Dave's balcony, what I was looking at on midnight on New Years Eve.


Went with some kids from Southern Methodist University (SMU) to Whisky Jack's, and this is what they wrote on the wall. I wrote the "Vail, CO <3's You".


The hot tub, right before I almost broke my arm. I was naked and it was probably about -10 degrees out, but I thought the color was so amazing I had to take a picture of it.


The 10th anniversary of Blue Sky Basin being open! This is the top of the Cloud Nine lift. Looks cold, huh?


This is my office... :) Yeah, thats the Gore Range in the background.


Today, someone from Georgia asked me how long it took the resort to "get all that snow go up on the trees like that". I don't think he believed me when I told him that when it falls out of the sky, it just lands on the branches. I almost fell off the chair laughing.



The view from Sun Up Bowl. I thought the fog laying at the base of the mountain range was so beautiful. My god, isn't it?

No comments: